This soup is super easy, quick, healthy and everyone likes it. You can make it ahead of time and if you make plenty you will enjoy it the next day.
Serve it with a baguette for the kids or make a salad to go with it, but I eat this almost every week and with 2 hefty cups I have really eaten enough because it is so filling.
This amount is for 4 people plus some leftovers :-)
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 chopped leek
- 2 leaves of bay leaf
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 broccoli
- 2 cubes of chicken or vegetable stock
- fish sauce or salt
- 2 bags of soup vegetables
- meatballs (beef, chicken or veggie, whatever you like)
- olive oil
- Sauté the onion, garlic, leek and bay leaf over low heat for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Wash and coarsely chop the zucchini and broccoli (including stem which you will peel first).
- Add the vegetables to the onion mixture and sauté briefly.
- Now add water until everything is just submerged and add the bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup with the hand blender.
- Season with fish sauce or salt and with pepper.
- Add 2 bags of pre-cut soup vegetables and you can also add meatballs if you like. Now let this simmer nicely for at least 10 minutes.
Leave a comment