What lovely weather we've had the past few weeks, so really does get the summer jitters! Unfortunately it is a little less now, but to keep those jitters going I have a tropical salad for you today. It's nice and quick, fresh with a sweetness and has only slow carbs and good fats so you can enjoy it for a long time!
Serves: 2 Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 400 grams of prepared quinoa
- 1 mango
- 2 avocados
- handful of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of coconut rind
- 1 red pepper
- black sesame seeds
- Make the quinoa according to the package and let cool well.
- Make the dressing by squeezing the limes and mixing well with the olive oil, honey and some salt and pepper.
- Stir this into the quinoa and taste for seasoning. Stir in the coconut rind and coarsely chopped cilantro (or flat parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- Peel the mango and avocado and cut nice strips of them with the peeler, if you do not have the patience for this then cut nice cubes.
- Place the slices on top of the salad, chop a red pepper and place it on top.
- Finally, sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top and drizzle some more light olive oil on top.
Leave a comment