Today another delicious breakfast/lunch dish. In America, this has been a hit for years. An egg white omelet. Most of the calories from the egg are in the yolk, so this is a super lean omelette. Also, egg white possesses the most protein nutritional value and no cholesterol. Hence, this dish is also widely eaten by athletes. So you can say that all the benefits are in the egg white. Now the yolk does contain the most flavor and some more vitamins and minerals. So you do need to add some flavor and some fresh vegetables. Use your imagination, you can add anything to this that you do with a regular omelet. I made it today with spinach, tomato, chives and cilantro.
Besides being too cute to look at, Two Chicks' bottles are also very handy. You also use them for protein shakes, pancakes, fritatta, desserts like pavlova, tiramisu and merengue. Keep in mind that they are 15 eggs and the bottle is good for 7 days, so think of enough dishes. But if you want to line up for a week then this fits ideally into a slim week. Similarly, you could very well eat an egg white omelet within the Foodies In Shape challenge.
Want to join me for a month of losing weight the super easy way? Then check out my blog www.foodiesinheels.nl
Serves: 1 Cooking Time: 10 min
- handful of fresh spinach
- 2 tasty-tom tomatoes
- some chives
- some cilantro (or perhaps prefer parsley)
- 1 cup egg white
- salt and pepper
- baking spray
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes and coarsely chop the spinach.
- Chop the spices and add everything together with the egg white and salt and stir well.
- I always use a nonstick pancake pan for my omelets. In this you spray some olive oil and when hot pour the egg mixture into the pan, fry on both sides until cooked.
- Finally, some freshly ground pepper and a very small amount of parmesan cheese if desired.
A super Light dish that is also very tasty AND easy!
#light dish #protein #healthy #eggwhite #losing weight
Leave a comment