Today a very fine autumn salad and oh how handsome it is. And oh how delicious it is! I roasted the onions and that gives a soft, sweet taste. Figs are of course in season right now and the goat cheese is a great combo.
I have a very nice Italian caterer here in town and there I bought a delicious balsamic with dates. So incredibly delicious, but any normal balsamic you have in the cupboard is totally fine too though.
Serves: 1 Cooking Time: 40 min
- bag of lettuce (I used the baby spinach with arugula from AH)
- 3 fresh figs
- 3 small red onions
- handful of hazelnuts
- 75 grams of goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic
- freshly ground pepper and himalayan salt
- fresh thyme
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees and place a sheet of baking paper on a baking sheet.
- Cut the top and bottom of the onions and cut them in half. Then remove the skin from the thick onion rings. Place them on the baking sheet and spray them with olive oil. Put some more salt on them and put them in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Cut the figs into 4 and make the dressing by mixing the olive oil, balsamic with some salt and pepper and sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Briefly toast the hazelnuts in a hot pan.
- Dress the lettuce with the dressing and drape the onions and figs on top. Then crumble the goat cheese over this and the hazelnuts.
As an appetizer the portion is for 2 people, if you eat this as a main course it is for 1 person.
Leave a comment