The tastiest seasonal product for me is the asparagus. Maybe because it is only available in spring and for me the first asparagus equals the beginning of spring. Of course we all know the classic versions, but I also like to wok my asparagus. Delicious with other vegetables or in salads: super easy and quick. Now I have an Asian version for you, with chicken thighs. For a Vegetarian version you can replace the chicken with diced zucchini or florets of broccoli for example.
Asparagus Asian Style Print Recipe
Serves: 2 Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 400 grams of chicken thigh
- 500 grams of asparagus
- 400 grams of fresh leaf spinach
- 3 spring onions
- 1 red onion
- 1 big clove of garlic
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- chili flakes
- cilantro optional
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes and then scald them.
- Peel and dice the asparagus.
- Quickly fry the asparagus al dente with some sunflower oil in a wok or skillet. Remove the asparagus from the pan and use it later for the chicken.
- Dice the chicken thighs and fry in sunflower oil or ghee until tender.
- Chop the red onion and garlic and now add this to the chicken. Let fry on low heat for a while. Now add the oyster sauce, stir well and simmer for about 2 minutes. Now add the spinach in stages, letting the portions shrink each time until all the spinach is added.
- Now add the asparagus along with some chili flakes and let them warm up for a while as well.
- Cut the spring onion into small rings, peel the eggs and chop them into small pieces, chop the chives and add them to the eggs.
- Now prepare your plate by placing the asparagus mixture in a bowl or plate and add some spring onion, egg and some cilantro, if desired.
Leave a comment