Today I have a delicious sweet potato curry for you. Perfect for when you have lots of guests and all the more delicious if you make it a day in advance. The flavors become even richer then.
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 1 large sweet potato
- half a red pepper
- 1 lime
- 1 small container of lentils
- 1 red pointed bell pepper
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- good piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- handful of mangetout
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- can of coconut milk
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon roasted paprika
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- black sesame seeds (decoration)
- Start by washing and cutting everything, then later all you have to do is add everything together.
- Chop the: onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper and lemongrass.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small cubes, about 2x2 cm.
- Wash the leeks and cut them in half lengthwise, cut these 2 pieces in half again and now cut them into small quarters.
- Cut the pod lengthwise into 4 thin strands.
- Cut the pointed bell pepper into cubes also about 2x2 cm.
- In a thick-bottomed pan, put the coconut oil and gently heat. Then add the onion, garlic, lemongrass, red pepper and ginger. Let this soften on low heat for a while.
- After this, add the leeks and let them become glazy.
- The curry paste may now be added and keep stirring it well. The paste should melt.
- Once the curry paste is melted, deglaze with the coconut milk. Stir well.
- The sweet potato may now be added along with the snow peas. Set this aside on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- After about 10 minutes, the pointed bell pepper may be added. Stir well.
- After 5 minutes, add the lentils that you have drained and grate the zest of the lime, add this to the curry, along with the juice of the lime. Leave on the heat for another 2 minutes, stir well.
- Chop the spices and add three-quarters of it to the curry. Stir well.
The nice thing is that you don't HAVE to serve this dish with rice because the sweet potato and lentils make the whole thing like a full dish. You can always make some quinoa with it of course. Serve with some fresh herbs on top and some black sesame seeds.
Leave a comment